… but this time without kids ;-). After my tips for restaurants in Sydney with kids, I’ve been asked for some recommendation if you manage to organise a babysitter. So, here is my absolutely subjective list of restaurants for a lovely dinner for two (please keep in mind that reservation may be necessary):
- Café Sydney – great view, great food, great music, what more do I need to say? Yes, some people say the location is very touristy, so what? They miss out on a fantastic lunch (or dinner) 😉
- Ripples Chowder Bay – you sit right at the water, in lovely company, enjoy your brunch/lunch/dinner (pick one) – life couldn’t be any better, could it? The only downside is the parking: if you’re lucky to find one, you have to pay for it. So maybe come in style by water taxi?
- Toko – in the middle of Crown Street, Surry Hills, is a stylish Japanese restaurant with delicious food. And the drinks at the bar next door are also rather nice!
- Sean’s Panorama in Bondi Beach – the biggest problem with this restaurant (besides finding parking for your car) are the opening times: Wednesday to Saturday for Dinner, Saturday and Sunday for Lunch. That’s it! Which doesn’t make it easy to get a table, but it’s worth it! The restaurant has a laid back/shabby chick vibe, which makes it easy to enjoy the great food.
- Marque – almost the complete opposite of Sean’s Panorama: stylish, sophisticated, lot’s of white & black. The food: delicious doesn’t even describe it. Awarded 2012 Australian Restaurant of the Year (again) by the Gourmet Traveller, you’re in for a very special evening (admittedly not of the cheap kind).
- Icebergs Dining Room and Bar – ok, maybe if you dine every evening at the water it get’s boring, but until then: enjoy the view, the food, your company and have one of the best evenings of your life!
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive updates to my blog by e-mail. And if you want to share your tips for Sydney, please comment!