As it is getting warmer, I wanted to add some outdoor activities with kids in Hanover. Besides my favorite playgrounds, Hannover has some nice spots to spend a day or afternoon:
- Waldstation Eilenriede near Kleefeld, a great place to learn about the forest and his inhabitants. However, check the opening times, as they are a bit “remarkable”.
- Kinderwald Hannover in the North of Hannover offers activities and programs for children and adults. Some have a minimum age and some need a registration, but they are all worth a try.
- Von Alten Garten: a beautiful park in Linden with a small playground and old trees. Another incentive is the nearby Lindner Marktplatz for a coffee before or after a stroll ;-).
- Tiergarten in Kirchrode, very popular in autumn when it’s time to collect chestnuts, is also a lovely place in spring. Don’t mistake the Zoo and Tiergarten: Tiergarten is for free and has mainly deers and wild pigs. Even it’s nice to get there by bike, keep in mind that in the Tiergarten cycling is not allowed! Talking about bikes – if you need help with your bike, either maintenance or to repair something and you are willing to try it yourself, have a look at the Fahrradwerkstatt Hannover. They provide tools for a small fee and there is always somebody to ask for help, open Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon.
- And if you need some help with your botanical and animal know how you can join the Schulbiologiezentrum every Sunday morning at 10.30 for a 1,5hr lesson/tour. Groups for children are grouped by age, starting with four years.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive updates to my blog by e-mail. And if you want to share your tips for outdoor activities in Hannover, please comment!