While living in Sydney I found lots of lovely children books about Australian animals. If you plan to visit the land down under or are looking for some new books, here are my favorites:
- Possum Magic – a cute story, which includes Australian animals and Australian dishes
- The family hour in Australia – this book was a gift from a friend, it has detailed pictures describing a day in the life of several Australian animals
- W is for Wombat – a colourful book to learn first words
- The Wheels on the Bus – an Australian version of a classic
- The number one Aussie Alphabet book – presenting all the letters of the Alphabet in a rhyme
- and last but not least Diary of a Wombat – describing the busy life of a Wombat, which mainly includes sleeping, scratching and eating 😉
You could also get a personalised book for your little one, describing Australian landmarks and native animals, making it a special memory.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive updates to my blog by e-mail. Do you have any favorite children books you want to share?